Monday, 13th to Friday 17th June 2022
YPI Impact Week is an opportunity to celebrate young people’s role in driving positive change with schools, charities, and other partners.
The Wood Foundation has launched this Scotland-wide campaign to encourage reconnection and reflection, developing a legacy from the YPI experience.
Impact Week is a Scotland-wide celebration that recognises the achievements of young people, partners, and charities engaged with YPI.
The theme of the week’s activities, which will include in-person activities, social media campaign, and online events, is #WhyYPI.
The YPI National Event will take place during Impact Week in Perth with more than 1000 young people, teachers, and stakeholders.
How can I get involved?
We would love for schools and partners to host events and activities to celebrate the impact, legacy, and innovation of YPI.
Interested in hosting an event or activity?
Here are some suggestions (but please do not feel limited by these):
- Take social action – volunteer in the community, arrange a litter pick, host a fundraiser
- Have your finalist teams present to a school assembly, virtual or online
- Organise a charity to visit your school
- Create a social media campaign to share how peers are making a positive impact in your local community
- Set up a sponsored walk
- Create a new partnership with a local company or charity to support your school
- Host a mentoring session
- Write a blog or news story about #WhyYPI and the impact in your community
- Create care packages for a local care home
- Organise a clothes or food bank donation
- Consider different delivery styles – in-person in school, online or hybrid
Please submit ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once your event has been submitted, a member of the YPI team will be in touch to discuss how it can be supported.
All approved events and activities will be shared on the YPI website and social media.