How will you recognise the impact of #generationchange during this generation-defining time?
When: Wednesday 2nd June
Why: Young people and schools have faced unimaginable challenge this past year. But the commitment shown by students, teachers, and the third sector has been inspiring. Through YPI we have seen innovation, passion, and creativity in bucketloads.
Empowering youth voice and action has been incredibly important this year and we want to reflect on all we have overcome, the successes borne from new ways of working, and look to the future with collective ambition.
We will be launching an inspiring video package on the day to mark the final weeks of an academic year like no other.
We encourage our partner schools to take a moment, recognise your commitment, give yourselves a well-deserved pat on the back, and mark the occasion with your community.
How: The video package will go live on our website, Vimeo, twitter, and other platforms at 9am. It will be freely available. It will also be available as a file to be transferred upon request. Please share this with your school community – in class, at assembly, virtually.
But the recognition, celebration, and reflection doesn’t need to end there. Your school and students showed a great deal of resilience to successfully complete YPI this academic year. Below are some options about what you can do to mark YPI Impact Day.
- This year’s winning or finalist teams could present to a whole school virtual assembly.
- Invite the successful charity into school, potentially virtually, to showcase what the funds have been used for. Could a student live interview them? Could you revisit charities from previous years to understand your school’s contribution to the local third sector?
- How much has your school been responsible for granting to local charities since your YPI partnership began? This will not be an insignificant figure – how could this be represented?
- Are there any impactful legacy stories from students or charity partners you could showcase?
- Could your school’s Charity Committee profile their work?
- Could you make this a day of social action? Identify an activity in your community to take part in or spotlight? Philanthropy is about time and talent, as well as the funds secured through YPI, how could you give your young people the opportunity to make a difference on this day?
We will be profiling all activity across our social media channels throughout the day. Please use #YPI and #YPIImpactDay, tagging @ypi_scotland (twitter and Instagram).
If you have any queries or would like to discuss ideas, please contact email@example.com.